Adam Mallett, Chief Administrator and Co-Owner of Westend Bath and Kitchen, has been connected to...Read More
Category: Renovation Planning
Give yourself time By Casey Grey People usually start thinking about their renovation in the spring. However, fall is probably the best time to start planning your project. If it’s an interior project, the weather won’t slow you...Read More
By Herb Lagois A tough lesson learned Rain, rain, and more rain. Talk about a wet summer! All this rain reminded me of a life-altering lesson I learned many years ago. The project was managed by the homeowners. We were hired...Read More
Your Ottawa Renovates newsletter
How to find a renovator
What is RenoMark™?
RenoMark™ renovators are held to the highest industry standards. They have to do the big things – carry $2 million liability insurance and enforce strict workplace safety – and the smaller things that give you comfort: pledge to call you back within two business days, for instance.
RenoMark™ renovators must pay a fee to be certified. They must also follow detailed guidelines. In addition to insurance, safety and courtesy, they must:
• Give you a detailed written contract for all jobs, big or small
• Provide a minimum two-year warranty on all work except minor repair
• Carry the proper licences and permits
• Keep their worksite organized and safe
• In the Ottawa area, be a member in good standing of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) and abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics.
• Stay current, through consistent and continuing education, in their professional knowledge of building codes, permit procedures and technical skills.