A simple secret of success By Francie Healy When Clark Cada was a boy, his mother would say to him as he walked out the door to school: “Go do your best!” It’s a family tradition now. It’s so ingrained that his kids often utter...Read More
Category: Renovator Profile
Bruce Firestone recently interviewed OakWood founder John Liptak for Ottawa Business Journal, describing the business, its evolution and success in the local renovation market. He wrote: So imagine my surprise when I walked into...Read More
Shouting from the rooftops Thank you! Those of us in the renovation industry who aspire to a...Read More
Your Ottawa Renovates newsletter
How to find a renovator
What is RenoMark™?
RenoMark™ renovators are held to the highest industry standards. They have to do the big things – carry $2 million liability insurance and enforce strict workplace safety – and the smaller things that give you comfort: pledge to call you back within two business days, for instance.
RenoMark™ renovators must pay a fee to be certified. They must also follow detailed guidelines. In addition to insurance, safety and courtesy, they must:
• Give you a detailed written contract for all jobs, big or small
• Provide a minimum two-year warranty on all work except minor repair
• Carry the proper licences and permits
• Keep their worksite organized and safe
• In the Ottawa area, be a member in good standing of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) and abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics.
• Stay current, through consistent and continuing education, in their professional knowledge of building codes, permit procedures and technical skills.