RenoMark™ renovators are held to the highest industry standards. They have to do the big things – carry $2 million liability insurance and enforce strict workplace safety – and the smaller things that give you comfort: pledge to call you back within two business days, for instance.
RenoMark™ renovators must pay a fee to be certified. They must also follow detailed guidelines. In addition to insurance, safety and courtesy, they must:
• Give you a detailed written contract for all jobs, big or small
• Provide a minimum two-year warranty on all work except minor repair
• Carry the proper licences and permits
• Keep their worksite organized and safe
• In the Ottawa area, be a member in good standing of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) and abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics.
• Stay current, through consistent and continuing education, in their professional knowledge of building codes, permit procedures and technical skills.
By Herb Lagois
Building a new home has many advantages: flexibility with architectural design; energy-efficient solutions; indoor air quality control; alternate construction techniques; and green building techniques.
So why renovate?
Being able Read more...
We welcome your stories and observations about Renovation in Ottawa. Please feel free to visit the Ottawa Renovates Facebook page and describe your experience, share your images or suggest topics for the next issue.