The deadline is rapidly approaching for the Fall 2017 issue of Ottawa Renovates magazine. W...Read More
We’re preparing the final layouts for the Spring 2017 issue of Ottawa Renovates. Watch for...Read More
BY BRIAN MCCULLOUGH Sometimes when you close your eyes and wish very hard, a miracle can happen....Read More
BY BRIAN MCCULLOUGH It is never easy moving to a new house and leaving behind a kitchen you really...Read More
Ottawa Renovates has invited advertisers to reserve space for the magazine’s spring 2016...Read More
The advertising booking deadline for the Spring, 2015, issue of Ottawa Renovates magazine is March...Read More
How to find a renovator
What is RenoMark™?
RenoMark™ renovators are held to the highest industry standards. They have to do the big things – carry $2 million liability insurance and enforce strict workplace safety – and the smaller things that give you comfort: pledge to call you back within two business days, for instance.
RenoMark™ renovators must pay a fee to be certified. They must also follow detailed guidelines. In addition to insurance, safety and courtesy, they must:
• Give you a detailed written contract for all jobs, big or small
• Provide a minimum two-year warranty on all work except minor repair
• Carry the proper licences and permits
• Keep their worksite organized and safe
• In the Ottawa area, be a member in good standing of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) and abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics.
• Stay current, through consistent and continuing education, in their professional knowledge of building codes, permit procedures and technical skills.