By Francie Healy It’s stunning. Jaw-droppingly beautiful. And to think it grew out of an...Read More
Category: Designer Profile
By Francie Healy For more than 45 years, kitchens in Ottawa and beyond have been transformed...Read More
Ottawa’s largest and most established full service renovator ha returned to its roots with new...Read More
Some people go to big-box stores to select their kitchens or baths. They choose from a whole catalogue of cabinetry created en masse in a factory. They can have anything they want, as long as it has already been manufactured...Read More
Green renovation by Roy Nandram Energy efficiency is only effective when you are comfortable. When you’re not, you’ll probably seek alternative means of heating and cooling: electric space heaters and cooling fans, for instance....Read More
This is part of a series of member-supplied business profiles originally published on the GOHBA...Read More
How to find a renovator
What is RenoMark™?
RenoMark™ renovators are held to the highest industry standards. They have to do the big things – carry $2 million liability insurance and enforce strict workplace safety – and the smaller things that give you comfort: pledge to call you back within two business days, for instance.
RenoMark™ renovators must pay a fee to be certified. They must also follow detailed guidelines. In addition to insurance, safety and courtesy, they must:
• Give you a detailed written contract for all jobs, big or small
• Provide a minimum two-year warranty on all work except minor repair
• Carry the proper licences and permits
• Keep their worksite organized and safe
• In the Ottawa area, be a member in good standing of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) and abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics.
• Stay current, through consistent and continuing education, in their professional knowledge of building codes, permit procedures and technical skills.