By Roy Nandram COVID-19 has brought many unexpected changes to people’s lives all across the...Read More
Category: Green Renovation
By Roy Nandram As a homeowner, how aware are you of indoor air pollution? It’s an important thing...Read More
It’s urgent. Climate change is affecting the stability of our planet. We must take action now by...Read More
Don’t let mould and other culprits hurt you. What’s lurking in your basement can affect your...Read More
By Roy Nandram Natural resources are becoming more scarce and more expensive, and yet people are...Read More
How to find a renovator
What is RenoMark™?
RenoMark™ renovators are held to the highest industry standards. They have to do the big things – carry $2 million liability insurance and enforce strict workplace safety – and the smaller things that give you comfort: pledge to call you back within two business days, for instance.
RenoMark™ renovators must pay a fee to be certified. They must also follow detailed guidelines. In addition to insurance, safety and courtesy, they must:
• Give you a detailed written contract for all jobs, big or small
• Provide a minimum two-year warranty on all work except minor repair
• Carry the proper licences and permits
• Keep their worksite organized and safe
• In the Ottawa area, be a member in good standing of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) and abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics.
• Stay current, through consistent and continuing education, in their professional knowledge of building codes, permit procedures and technical skills.