Story and Photography by Patrick Langston When tornadoes swept through Eastern Ontario and...Read More
Watch out for red flags Renovating? Where do you start? What should you be looking for? There are...Read More
Preliminary round voting has started in the renovations and design categories for the Ottawa Citizen People’s Choice Award in the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) Housing Design awards. There are...Read More
Your Ottawa Renovates newsletter
How to find a renovator
What is RenoMark™?
RenoMark™ renovators are held to the highest industry standards. They have to do the big things – carry $2 million liability insurance and enforce strict workplace safety – and the smaller things that give you comfort: pledge to call you back within two business days, for instance.
RenoMark™ renovators must pay a fee to be certified. They must also follow detailed guidelines. In addition to insurance, safety and courtesy, they must:
• Give you a detailed written contract for all jobs, big or small
• Provide a minimum two-year warranty on all work except minor repair
• Carry the proper licences and permits
• Keep their worksite organized and safe
• In the Ottawa area, be a member in good standing of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) and abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics.
• Stay current, through consistent and continuing education, in their professional knowledge of building codes, permit procedures and technical skills.