The Fall 2015 issue of Ottawa Renovates Magazine will be distributed to more than 30,000 Ottawa-area homes in the Ottawa Citizen on Sept. 22.
About The Author
August 21, 2014
RENOTOUR 2019: Nine locations showcase renovation trends from nine of Ottawa’s innovative RENOMARK® renovators
September 24, 2019
October 11, 2014
January 19, 2015
How to find a renovator
What is RenoMark™?
RenoMark™ renovators are held to the highest industry standards. They have to do the big things – carry $2 million liability insurance and enforce strict workplace safety – and the smaller things that give you comfort: pledge to call you back within two business days, for instance.
RenoMark™ renovators must pay a fee to be certified. They must also follow detailed guidelines. In addition to insurance, safety and courtesy, they must:
• Give you a detailed written contract for all jobs, big or small
• Provide a minimum two-year warranty on all work except minor repair
• Carry the proper licences and permits
• Keep their worksite organized and safe
• In the Ottawa area, be a member in good standing of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) and abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics.
• Stay current, through consistent and continuing education, in their professional knowledge of building codes, permit procedures and technical skills.