Lori Di Saverio imagines…
A fabulous kitchen
Having it all, and then some
Lori Di Saverio, owner of Cartier Kitchens Ottawa, knows exactly what makes a kitchen the best part of your home. Kitchens, after all, are her life. So when she dreams about a great kitchen renovation, she dreams in detail and beauty.
Her “ultimate kitchen” has these on her list:
- Plenty of counter space.
- Lots of good, easily-accessible storage.
- A pantry – a full wall of tall cabinets with pull-out shelves; better still, a walk-in pantry.
- A re-cycling centre.
- Lots of drawers. All base cabinets are drawers or have pull-out shelves and racks.
- Soft-closing drawers with full extension slides.
- Soft closing doors.
- Accessible corners.
- Under-cabinet lighting.
- Beautiful features: glass doors, crown mouldings, staggered upper cabinets.
- Cutlery and spice tray storage.
- Built-in stainless-steel appliances − fridge (with bottom freezer), oven, microwave cook-top.
- Hood fan integrated into a custom hood to match the kitchen (or stainless steel chimney-style).
- Solid surface counter tops − granite or quartz.
- Matching cabinets in the eating area and dining room − for example, wall unit/buffet unit.
- A neutral colour for cabinets and counter tops (white, grey, beige, brown), accented with bright bold colours on walls and backsplash.